A message from the former President
"I consider myself very lucky to have joined this club when I first moved to this city. Over the past 5 years, the Swallow Badminton Club has consistently been a great place to play badminton and meet very inviting people. I would encourage all badminton enthusiasts to drop by and check this club out for themselves. Playing at Swallow Badminton Club will certainly be a missed part of my routine." - Meng Koh
Location: Ottawa Adult High School at 300 Rochester Street, Ottawa, Ontario
* We welcome young and old players;
* We welcome players of all levels;
* We organize special club events for Christmas and Lunar Calendar New Year celebrations; and
* We will accept up to 45 members for the 2017 - 2018 season.
Not sure this club is right for you? Drop-in as a guest player and if you decide to join, your guest fees from your last two visits will be credited towards your membership fees (if space is available).
Executive Team for the 2016 - 2017 Season
Our executive team is elected annually. We ensure every club member has an enjoyable playing experience with sound and transparent financial management of the club's affairs.
Facilities and Game Play
* We use a queuing system to ensure an equal amount of playing time and game challenge for all players.
* At our club, we play doubles style games on 4 courts and rotate every 15 minutes.
* The gymnasium has a high ceiling, is well lit, and has well maintained hardwood flooring.
* Nylon shuttlecocks (Yonex Mavis 300) are provided for game play.
* Changing room facilities are available to members and guests.
Session Times: Saturday mornings, 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM (noon)
The 2016 - 2017 badminton season will run from September 17, 2016 until May 27, 2017
There will be no badminton session on the following dates in red due to statutory and school holidays:
| Number of Sessions |
Guest fee per visit
Swallow Badminton Club Membership application form: (pdf)
** The minimum age for the Junior membership status is 16 years of age. Proof of identification will be required during the submission of membership forms. Junior membership is between the ages of 16 and 18.
** All junior members will be required to wear protective eyewear (safety glasses) at all times during game play and off-court practice. This requirement will be enforced.
** Protective eyewear is optional for adult members but highly recommended.
** For more information, visit: http://www.badmintonottawa.com/Eyewear.php (Ottawa District Badminton Association).
Location and Getting Here
(From Google Maps)
The school is situated immediately on the North side of the Queensway-Preston St. overpass. The school has a large soccer field and playground area at the corner of Gladstone and Preston St.
Badminton courts are located in the basement gymnasium, one floor below the parking lot via the side building entrance or parking lot entrance.
Parking is free for club members and guests during game hours at the school's designated parking area.
The Ottawa Adult High School at 300 Rochester Street, Ottawa (See map above), is accessible by public transit and also offers parking on-site.
The OC Travel Planner is a helpful tool to help you plan your route to and from our club.
Other Badminton Links and Information
- Soong Badminton Academy (http://www.soong.ca/))
- Ottawa District Badminton Association (ODBA) (http://www.badmintonottawa.com/)
Capital Badminton Club
- 53 Northgate Street, Ottawa (http://ottawacapitalbc.webs.com/)
|The RA (Recreation Association) Centre Badminton Club||- 2451 Riverside Drive, Ottawa, Ontario (http://www.racentre.com/raweb/E/Sports/badminton.html)|
Swallow Badminton Club
This web site is posted on a complimentary Internet location and updated on a voluntary basis.
Updated : June 2017